The year of 2019 is here! For me, a new year always brings a new set of personal goals that I like to accomplish. However, by the end of the year I end up forgetting what those goals are. Halfway through the year, there is a major change that every student faces, a change in their academic year. This change is something that I dread, and yet look forward to. My personal goal for this year is to have more self-control and consistency. As for my reading goal, I can list down a few books that I definitely want to read, however, I can’t guarantee you that I will read them for sure. On the Goodreads app, I have challenged myself to read at least 15 books this year. I definitely want to read more than that but I know myself and I know that there is always a chance of me getting carried away by TV shows.
Here’s the list:-
- Linger(The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
- Forever( The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Puddin’ by Julie Murphy
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
- One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
- Throne of Glass by Sarah. J Mass
- The New Human Revolution volume 25 by Daisaku Ikeda
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Silent Widow by Sidney Sheldon
- Come Sundown by Nora Roberts
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
The reason why I want to read book number 1 and 2 is because I read the first part of this trilogy which is called Shiver, I absolutely loved the way it was written. Moreover, I am actually really inclined towards supernatural stories. I love this show called The Vampire Diaries, I love the Twilight series (the movies, obviously) and so I developed an interest towards reading this book as well. I definitely want to finish War and Peace this year, I have heard amazing things about it and it would make me so happy to finish reading the big fat 1000+ pages book which has been in my shelf for so long. I have picked it up a lot of times, read a few pages and then I moved to another book.
I have listed only 14 books here, but I am waiting for a list of books that I can read to gain more knowledge on the subconscious mind and I will definitely try to read one or two books on the same. I hope I accomplish my goal for this year and not deviate.
Happy new year to all of you! Happy reading! 🙂